Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Kodak are replacing my Jitteteteterers!!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lightfeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2002
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just bought 24 K40s from www.photomart.co.uk, (who are cheaper than Kodak at ?6 a shot - cheapest in UK?) and I got really suspicious. Hmmm... Expires 02/2004. Now that to me sounds like primo jitter-bollocks, if I can say that on this bollocks.

    So I called up Kodak UK in Hemel Heampstead and they are replacing it for me. It's very worrying, however, that a major UK wholesaler, who supply to photo shops have a huge stock of this chuff. I thought the problem had gone away what with the postings fading away, but everyone must be getting used to it instead.

    I'll keep you posted

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lightfeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2002
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    KODACHROME 40 ?has been recalled, and any stock with a batch number lower than: ? ? ? ?3631 ? ? ? ?7768
    should be returned for a refund. This was a number I read earlier on this forum, and it has been confirmed to me by Kodak UK, so it's well varified. Contact your countries Kodak motion picture dept. and explain to a technical advisor. They will give you an address and will re-emburse your postage with extra good carts. Or at least this is my experience this week in England.

    Don't shoot with stocks lower than this number, as they are jittery, for want of a better word.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member lightfeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2002
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I posted them off at the cost of ?8 to Kodak UK in Hemel Hempstead, and they gave me a credit order for the equivelant of 24 (+2 carts postage re-embursement) of K40, which comes to ?297 - twice what I paid for it at photomart. I can spend it on any stock I want too, and continue to buy cheap K40 from photomart, who should by now also have new stock, but PLEASE CHECK WITH THEM FIRST, and if it's the jittery pre 3631 7768 variety please, for everybody's sake, put your oar in and get them to send it back!

    Conclusion:

    www.photomart.co.uk - cheapest K40 in the UK? Great service. Hope they've updated stock now.

    Kodak - Great service. Will refund dodgy stock. Nobody has excuses for jittery films from now on.

    Lightfeat - lucky bugger - never had a jitterer yet!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had about 10 rolls of the jittery stuff and Kodak didn't have a problem replacing it. Even though I had shot 4 of 10 rolls, they replaced them all.

    Scott

  5. #5
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    hello

    Ive got about 5 rolls all numbered 3631 0990.
    So you are saying these might be jittery?

    Thank goodness for this message board.

    Thanks for posting this.

    -------------------------------------------------

    I know this is probably old news to some of you, but thought Id say I just confirmed this myself, and good old Kodak are replacing my 5 cartridges.

    Thanks to all of you who brought it to Kodaks Attention.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 09, 2002 07:56 AM: Message edited by: eddie ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •